Welcome to the Beach on Skates!
Like every year. Before Corona, LondonSkateLife organises a trip for the club’s students. A moment to explore other cities on skates, enjoy the community that we have and enjoy the life on skates that each city has to offer. This year we are going to Barcelona, and here I leave you our plan.
Flight and Hotel: Everyone has different holidays or schedules, the same can be said about budgets for the trip, which Is why we recommend areas in central Barcelona. Our activities will take place near Forum but this area is like 30 min by skates from central barcelona, so come to the classes on skates. We recommend that you start purchasing flight tickets now as this will be more economical than buying them nearer the time. As we will be going in a large group, there will likely be mini groups for sharing Airbnbs and Hostels, but we are happy for you to choose whichever option is most appropriate for your budget. We do ask that if you choose a hotel with a penthouse, that you invite us to see the sunset!
Level: The trip is open to all students (and old club students) but it is restricted by level, LStage 2: Intermedate and above. If you are unsure about your level we advise that you send us your B-Test video, that was you can eliminate doubt and begin to train in order to be ready.
- Classes: As a club we will organise classes based on SpeciaLS. Classes will be taught by one of the best skaters in Barcelona.
- 10-11pm – Rollerobics-Judith Abarca @judit.coach
- 11-12pm – Slalom-Jon Larrucea @jonlarrucea
- 12-1pm – Downhill (+ slides)-Pablo Soler @pablo.soler
- 1-2pm – Urban (+Skatepark)-Danny Aldridge @dannyaldridge1111
- LSRoll: Barcelona: After the classes will host a relaxed skate through the streets of Barcelona, giving priority to the coastal part, traveling through beautiful parts of the city. We will be accompanied by Marshals to better control the skate but we will need good performance in the streets. If you still doubt your level we invite you to attend more classes, take part in London skates like the Sunday Stroll and improve, you still have 3 months.
- Dinner and Party: Given that not everything is skating, we will have a special dinner for us, where you will be able to enjoy Spanish gastronomy with the best company of LS. After this we will party, and use our shoes for the first time on the trip.
Price: We will require a Basic Fee of £50 per person (The fee includes 1 class of your choosing – each additional class will be charged at £15) in order for us to be able to offer classes, an official LSTrip T-shirt and a reservation at a restaurant where the first drink is on us. Additionally, your fee will go towards helping the instructors that come on the trip. £50 1 class, £65 2 classes, £80 3 classes, £95 4 classes. Ref: BCN + the name appears in your email before the @ Please use the same account as usual. We guarantee your money back if you can’t travel, but please let us know in advance with 48h before (Saturday 09/10/2021)
Covid-Regulations: We will update you a soon, at the moment the regulations will vary from today to October 2021.
Communication: As you know, we love WhatsApp groups and emails at LS. All communication for booking, payments, T-shirt size and questions will be managed by our amazing email support team – once your booking has been confirmed we will add you to the trip’s official WhatsApp group.
- Friday 8th October 2021: The Barcelona Skaters Association – asociación de patinadores de Barcelona (APB) hosts a night skate on the streets of Barcelona. This requires a minimum level of LStage 3: Advances. This activity is not related to the club, but we encourage you to take part.
- Saturday 9th October 2021:
- Classes from 10-2pm
- Lunch break 2-5pm
- LSRoll 5-7pm
- Dinner 9pm
- Party 12am
- Sunday 10th October 2021: Updates and location will be posted on the WhatsApp group as we appreciate that some people may still be in bed after the awesome party, some people may be one of Barcelona’s many skateparks and others may be taking advantage of the sun and beach. We will keep you posted on the WhatsApp group
Please find fill the form below
As we enter the month of July, the pandemic finally seems to be coming to an end and somehow the weather is getting progressively worse. Do not worry, we have some updates for the coming month that will cheer you up.
LSTrip 2021 – Barcelona
Some of you may remember that at the start of the pandemic last year we were planning a trip to Barcelona with all of our students. After a very long wait, we are finally confident that the trip will be able to go ahead uninterrupted. We are therefore pleased to announce our long overdue LSTrip to Barcelona which will take place from 8th October 2021 until 10th October 2021. More details will be released as we get closer to the date but we have a preliminary program which is as follows:
08/10 – Friday Night Skate
09/10 – Saturday Morning Classes (Barcelona Pro Skaters teaching various levels and disciplines)
09/10 – Saturday Afternoon Free Time
09/10 Saturday Night Dinner & Party
Registration will cost £50 which will include welcome drinks, an LSLife T-shirt and classes. The registration fee will go towards funding the Freeday, LSLife will not be making any profit from this trip. There will be a registration form available on our website soon so watch this space!
Richmond Classes are moved to BatterseaPark
Our Instructor Aurora will provide Beginner skate classes in Battersea Park every Saturday at 11.30 am after the EasySaturdaySkate. And Intermediate level afterwards, from 1.00 pm. Battersea park classes are back with the best, Aurora! Email us to book your slot.
Our speciaLS classes were introduced a couple of months back and are a chance for us to focus on specific disciplines which may not be covered in detail within the general scope of our regular group classes. Classes have been booked out since launch so if you want to book your spot for the coming month make sure you email us today! SpecialLS classes are available for students at LStage 2 and above and are available for the disciplines of Slalom and Slides (training) given by the renowned German Moreno, and Skatepark with Stephen Johnstone, possibly the best skatepark skater in London at the moment.
We would like to thank everyone that has come out to our previous Freedays which have been a huge success. LSLife would not be able to operate without our students and our Freedays are our way of showing our gratitude to you all and to the skating community as a whole. Moving forward, all of our Freedays will come with a particular theme that will be announced ahead of time – those of you that participated in our previous Freeday will be familiar with this. In this month’s Freeday on 13th August 2021, we will practice Relays and roller cross courses/races. with George. Remember, our Freedays are true to their name, these events are completely free and you are also free to bring along anyone you like. We look forward to seeing you.
New Group Classes
To keep up with the continued demand, we have increased our weekly group class offering with more classes being added every month. Our weekly group class timetable is available on our website but here is a reminder of our new and improved classes:
1. Beginner Mondays @ 6:15 PM (Hydepark) Saturday @ 11.30 AM (BatterseaPark)
2. Intermediate Mondays @ 7:40 PM (Hydepark) Saturday @ 1 PM (BatterseaPark)
3. Hyde Park Beginner Pro on Quads Saturdays @ 12:20 PM
4. Hyde Park Intermediate Rookie Sundays @ 12:30 PM
5. Hyde Park Intermediate LS KIDS Sundays @ 12:00 PM
6. Hyde Park Beginner LS KIDS Sundays @ 1 PM
Please remember our new exam system which allows you to evaluate whether you are ready to move up to the next level. You can find the requirements on our website and once you feel that you are ready to complete the exam just record yourself performing all of the skills required. Once this is done just send us the video, you can do this directly or by uploading the video to any video sharing platform (Google Drive, YouTube, WeTransfer etc.). This new system allows you to constantly challenge yourself and get a better understanding of where you are within your level. You can always speak to your instructor about covering specific skills which you feel you might be weaker at; they will be happy to cover them in classes.
We have created a symbolic membership card to accredit your LSLife Enrolment, month by month. ID is required. Ask your instructor to get yours.
1. New skates? change your bearings after these rainy days or get fancy wheels. Skate to the best skate shop in London: Slickwillies Skate Shop and ask for your LSLife discount.
2. Hungry after your skating session? Find VQ restaurants. You can get 20% off
Do you like to create your own design?
We have a T-Shirt Competition soon.
LondonSkateLine Clothing is Available with one click.
T-shirts, Hoodies and Koala Bags are available.
Koala Bag: londonskatelife/koalabag